- Costa Rica
- Puerto Rico
- United States
- Dominican Republic
Felipe Andrés Valenzuela MD
- D. Universidad de Chile (2008)
- Residency Fundación Oftalmológica Los Andes, Chile (2012)
- 2013 Anterior Segment Fellowship. Fundación Oftalmológica Los Andes, Chile (2013)
- Cornea & Ocular Surface Research Fellowship. University of Miami. Bascom Palmer Eye Institute (2015)
- Cornea & Ocular Surface Clinical Fellowship. University of Miami. Bascom Palmer Eye Institute (2017)
Miguel Angel Vázquez Membrillo MD PhD
- Retina Associate Professor at the IMO (Mexican Institute of Ophthalmology in Queretaro, Mexico)
- ORBIS International Advisor, Ophthalmology Professor at the University of Mexico (UNAM) and at the Anahuac University, Queretaro, Mexico.
- Retina and Vitreous Fellowship at the IMO, Ophthalmology at the Hospital de Nuestra Señora de la Luz in Mexico City, PhD at the UNAM
- Postdoc at the Sun-Yat Sen University, GZ, China.
María Fernanda Astete MD
• Ophthalmologist, University of Chile
• Assistant Professor at Ophthalmology Department of the University of Chile
• Fellowship at Cornea and Anterior Segment Reconstruction at Hospital del Salvador, Santiago, Chile
Valentina Franco Cardenas MD
- Ophthalmology Residency; Instituto de Oftalmología Fundación Conde de Valenciana
- Surgical and Clinical Retina Fellowship; Asociación para Evitar la Ceguera en México
- Fellowship in Retina and Vitreous Research; UCLA, Stein Eye
- Department of Ophthalmology, Retina Specialist Sanatorio Oftalmológico Mérida, Mexico City
- PAAO Executive Committee Associate Secretary, Spanish Language Region
- PAAO-YO Web Page, Editor in Chief
María Cristina Romero Benítez MD
- Hospital de Clinicas - National University of Asunción (UNA) – Paraguay
- Chief, Department of Neuro-Ophthalmology
- Academic Staff, Department of Ophthalmology
- Professor of Ophthalmology, Neurosurgery and Neurology
- Member, Ophthalmology Residency Education Committee.
Manuel E. Zegarra Dominguez MD
- Ophthalmologist with a Retina y Vitreous specialty
- Trained at Fundación Visión, Paraguay
- Ophthalmic Service Coordinator, Hospital de Alta Complejidad, Trujillo, Perú
Andrés Benatti MD
- External Diseases Fellowship- Asociacion Para Evitar la Ceguera en Mexico (APEC)
- Cornea and Refractive Fellowship - Asociacion Para Evitar la Ceguera en Mexico (APEC)
- Cornea and Refractive Fellowship - Shiley Eye Institute - (UCSD) - USA
- Co-Director Cornea and Refractive Surgery Department - Clinica de Ojos Córdoba
Marcela Lonngi MD
- MD Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá, Colombia.
- Ophthalmologist specialty at Universidad del Rosario, Bogotá, Colombia.
- Subspecialty training in Pediatrics & Strabismus at University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, CA, USA
Emilio R. Ladeveze MD
• Instructor of the department of anterior segment of the Provincial Hospital of the Centenary of Rosario - Argentina.
• Teacher of the postgraduate course in ophthalmology at the National University of Rosario - Argentina.
• Journal Associate Director, Oftalmología Clínica y Experimental del Consejo Argentino de Oftalmología.
• Observer at Byers Eye Institute at Stanford (Palo Alto) and Bascom Palmer Eye Institute (Miami).
• Member of the Youth Organization of the Argentine Council of Ophthalmology.
Alvaro J. Mejía Vergara MD
- Neuro-ophthalmologist Fellowship at UCLA under the PAAO Gillingham Fellowship 2019.
- Instructor of Neuro-Ophthalmology at Sanitas University in Bogotá, Colombia.
- Neuro-Ophthalmology Division head. Sociedad de Cirugía Ocular, Bogotá Colombia.
Betsy Colón MD
- MD Degree: University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine
- Ophthalmology Residency: Department of Ophthalmology, University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine
- Oculoplastic Fellowship: Duke Durham University, North Carolina
- Retina Fellowship: Associates in Ophthalmology Westmifflin, Penn.
Julián J. Venero Fité MD
- Corneal & Anterior Segment Fellow, Hospital Alemán in Buenos Aires
- Surgical Instructor (F.O.A.)
- Surgical Instructor of the Cataract Surgery Simulator of CAO
- Associate Ophthalmologist at the Ophthalmological Center of Santa Rosa (L.P.) Argentina
Dhariana Acon Ramírez MD
- Ophthalmologist, Retina & Pediatric Retina specialist
- Vitreo Retinal Surgical Fellowship at Association to Prevent Blindness in Mexico, UNAM.
- Pediatric Retina Fellowship at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami
- Recipient of Retina Research Foundation Helmerich Fellowship Award, PAOF Life & Legacy Liana & Marcelo Ventura Award, Tim and Judith Sear Scholarship Award.
Victor M Villegas MD
- Ophthalmologist, Retina Vitreous
- Associate Professor and Residency Program Director at the University of Puerto Rico, Department of Ophthalmology
- Voluntary Faculty at University of Miami, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
- Joint Faculty at Ponce Health Sciences University School of Medicine, Department of Surgery
Erick Hernández Bogantes MD
- MD and Ophthalmology degrees from the University of Costa Rica
- Cornea, Refractive and External Disease fellowship at Fundación Conde de Valenciana, Mexico City, Mexico
- Cornea, refractive surgery and external disease specialist
- Current private and public practice in Costa Rica
Ignacio Rodriguez-Una MD
- Graduate in Medicine, Complutense University of Madrid, Spain (2009). Doctoral degree (PhD). Received the Extraordinary Doctorate Award (2016).
- Specialist in Ophthalmology. Hospital Clínico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain (2014). Fellow of the European Board of Ophthalmology (FEBO) (2014). Fellowship in Glaucoma at Nottingham University Hospital, United Kingdom (2016).
- Author of multiple publications in scientific journals. Member of several international Ophthalmology Societies. Recipient of multiple national and international research awards.
- Glaucoma Consultant at Instituto Oftalmólogico Fernández-Vega (Oviedo, Spain)
Luis Fernández-Vega Cueto-Felgueroso MD
- Doctor of Medicine at the Universidad de Oviedo. Associate Professor.
- Corneal and Refractive Surgery Fellowships at Moorfields Eye Hospital (London) and Bascom Palmer (Miami)
- Peter Barry Fellowship Prize 2017 (ESCRS)
- President AJOE (Spanish Young Ophthalmologists) (2013-2015)
Nicolas Crim MD
- Docente Cátedra de Oftalmología y Posgrado en oftalmología de la Universidad Católica de Córdoba
- Docente Cátedra de Estadística y Metodología de la Investigación de Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud de Universidad Católica de Córdoba
- Coordinador Comité Institucional de Ética de Investigación en Salud (C.I.E.I.S.) Cínica Universitaria Reina Fabiola
Yanay Ramos Pereira MD
- Universidad de Ciencias Médicas de La Habana.
- Ophthalmologist: Cataract and Anterior Segment Specialties
- Assistant Professor and Researcher at the Instituto Cuban Institute of Ophthalmology, Ramón Pando Ferrer
Claudia E Perez Straziota MD
• Cornea specialist at The Cole Eye Institute in The Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio
• MD from the Universidad Central de Venezuela in Caracas; Ophthalmology Residency and Fellowship in Cornea, External Disease and Refractive Surgery at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia.
• Member of the Young Eye Surgeons Committee in the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
• Published numerous peer reviewed publications and book chapters, as well as more than 20 presentations in National and International Ophthalmology conferences.
• Awarded best Paper multiple times at the ASCRS annual meetings and featured as a promising young physician in the Millennial Eye organization.
Eduardo J. Viteri Solórzano MD
- Graduated Ophthalmology in Foscal, Colombia
- Currently Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellow in Foscal Internacional, Colombia
- Medical Education and eLearning enthusiast
Luis J Haddock MD
- Bascom Palmer Residency followed by Vitroretinal fellowship at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, completed in 2014
- Attending physician at Bascom Palmer VR service since 2014. Medical retina fellowship director at Palm Beach Gardens Satellite Office.
- Research interests in retinal detachment, smartphone retinal imaging, telemedicine, OCTA, amongst others
Eduardo Amorim Novais MD
▪ D. degree from Federal University of São Paulo (UNIFESP)
▪ Post Doctoral Fellowship in Retina Research at New England Eye Center / Tufts University
Jaime J. Soria Viteri MD
• Ophthalmologist-Retinologist at Funcrisa, Unioken, Clínica Real Visión and CIVE
• Member of OphthalmoUniversity, PAAO and National Society of Ophthalmology and Orthoptics
• Professor of Research Methodology and Biostatistics at the Universidad Católica Santiago de Guayaquil
• Entrepreneur of the project www.ArquiMEDez.com , consulting in medical research.
• Director of www.OftalmoFlick.com , educational video management platform.
Maria Cristina Gabela MD
- Ophthalmologist specialist trained at FUNDONAL, Universidad del Rosario (Bogotá-Colombia)
- Sub-specialist in Retina and Vitreous trained at FUNDONAL, Universidad del Rosario (Bogotá-Colombia)
- Currently practicing in Quito-Ecuador.
Gabriel G. Pignata Odriozola MD
- Oculoplastics Fellowship training in Mexico at Conde de Valenciana Foundation under Jose Luis Tovilla 2013-2014.
- SOPANOP Allergan scholarship at Oculoplastica Bernardini in Genova un 2016
- Founder and Current Secretary of the Uruguayan Society Of Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery (SUPO)
- Founder and Current President Of the Young Uruguayan Ophthalmology Association (ASUOjoven)
- Member of the Mexican Oculoplastics Association, ASOPRS, SOPANOP and PAAO.
Natasha Ferreira Santos da Cruz MD
• Graduated from the State University of Pará (UEPA)
• Ophthalmologist from Santa Casa de Misericórdia de São Paulo (SCMSP)
• Research Fellow in Retina and Vitreous at Federal University of São Paulo (UNIFESP)
• Currently a Surgical Retina Fellow and Postgraduate Student (PhD) at UNIFESP.
Arturo J. Ramírez Miranda MD
- Associate Professor of Ophthalmology, Cornea and Refractive Surgery Department, Instituto de Oftalmologia Conde de Valenciana. UNAM
- Academic Analysis for the Mexican Board of Ophthalmology
- Social Media & Web Page Director for the Mexican Society of Ophthalmology
Juan Pablo Handal MD
• Medical degree from from Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras (UNAH)
• Ophthalmologist from Instituto Barraquer de America, ( Bogota, Colombia )
• Cornea, Anterior segment, Refractive Surgery and External disease Fellowship Eye Consultants of Atlanta ( Atlanta, GA, USA)
• Anterior Segment Fellowship, Clinica Oftalmologica del Caribe ( Barranquilla, Colombia)
• Surgical Director Centro Oftalmólogico Santa Lucia, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
• Board Member FUNDACION SANTA LUCIA ( Tegucigalpa, Honduras)
• ECHO FOUNDATION Board Member Atlanta, GA ( USA )
• Creator of PHACOBOOK® Advanced Analytics in Cataract Surgery.
Ricardo Menon Nosé MD
• Residency at the Santa Casa de Misericórdia de São Paulo
• Cornea and external diseases Specialization - UNIFESP-EPM (São Paulo, Brazil)
• Postgraduation - Harvard Medical School's Surgical Leadership Program (Boston, USA)
• Research Fellowship in Cornea, Cataract and e Refractive Surgery Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
• Research Fellowship em Córnea, New England Eye Center, Tufts Medical School, Boston, USA
• PhD student in cataract at UNIFESP-EPM (São Paulo, Brazil)
Denise Loya García MD PhD
- Medical School. Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara (UAG)
- Medical Specialty in Ophthalmology. Instituto de Oftalmología “Fundación Conde de Valenciana” Universidad Autónoma de México (UNAM)
- Cornea, Refractive Surgery and External Diseases Fellowship. Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences Institute. School of Medicine of the Tecnologico de Monterrey.
- Science Communication Training Fellowship (SciCommTF) ARVO
- D. in Clinical Sciences. School of Medicine of the Tecnologico de Monterrey.
Frine L. Salazar MD
•Professor of Ophthalmology and Oculoplastics at Hospital Dr. Elías Santana. Santo Domingo, DR.
•Academic Coordinator of the Hospital Dr. Elías Santana. Santo Domingo, DR
•Coordinator of the ICO Exams at Dominican Republic
Cynthia Qian MD
- MD & Ophthalmology Residency at McGill University, Montreal, Canada.
- Fellowship in surgical retina at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, and a fellowship in inherited retinal diseases at Kellogg Eye Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Assistant Professor, Department of Ophthalmology and Head of the Electrophysiology Laboratory and the Pediatric Retina Service, University of Montreal
- Vice President of the Canadian Retina Society
- Canada’s Top 40 under 40 in 2019
Linda A. Cernichiaro-Espinosa MD
- Ophthalmology Residency and Vitreoretinal Fellowship at Asociación para Evitar la Ceguera en México
- Pediatric Retina International Fellowship with the ICO Hemelrich/ Retina Research Foundation at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute with Dr Audina Berrocal
- Vitreoretinal diseases in pediatrics and adults, and Intraocular tumors in pediatrics at Asociación para Evitar la Ceguera en México and Oftalmología Integral & RetinaKids MX.
Keep in contact with the PAAO-YO