PAAO-YO: Connecting young ophthalmologists around the world
The mission of the PAAO-YO is to provide an opportunity for international Young Ophthalmologists to come together to network from different regions in the Americas and around the world. We exist to share knowledge and experiences, where passion of elevating patient care and purpose come to together.
Why should you join us
Webinars & elearning
PAAO-YO virtual learning experience developed based on your needs as a YO.
Scholarships & Fellowships
PAAO-YO Membership gives you access to funds for extending your education
PAAO-YO Mentorship Program
PAAO-YO is collaborating with the ICO on a mentorship program creating connections between senior ophthalmologists and YOs
The PAAO-YO is continually developing more ways for YOs to connect. With social Media, this website, symposiums, networking events and even a special lounge at the congress you will be able to network and collaborate with YOs from around the world.
Other initiatives for PAAO-YOs
PAAO-YO International Publishing
to help train young ophthalmologists on how to get published and to promote the PAAO-YO international publications in our website
PAAO-YO Info & AAO
a partnership with the AAO will give PAAO-YOs the opportunity to publish articles on the AAO website as well as the PAAO-YO site
receive 50% off their 2020 PAAO Membership as well as discounts on asych courses and others to be announced
PAAO-YO Executive Committee
Camila V. Ventura MD PhD
- Co-Chair of the PAAO YO Executive Committee
- Retina and Vitreous specialist at the Altino Ventura Foundation (FAV) and HOPE Eye Hospital, Recife, Brazil
- Director, Department of Research at the Altino Ventura Foundation (FAV), Recife, Brazil
- Post-Doc in Ophthalmology at the Federal University of São Paulo (Unifesp - EPM), São Paulo, Brazil
Bruna V Ventura MD PhD
- Coordinator of the Specialization Course in Ophthalmology of the Altino Ventura Foundation, Recife, Brasil
- Head of the Cataract Department of the Altino Ventura Foundation, Recife, Brazil
- President of ALACCSA-R Joven
Juan Carlos Ginés Benítez MD
- Cornea and Cataract specialist at the Cornea Department - National University of Asunción, Paraguay.
- Member of the Paraguayan Society of Ophthalmology Board.
- Cornea, Cataract and Refractive Fellowship at the Ludwig-Maximillians Universitäts Augenklinik München
- ICO International Fellowship at the Casey Eye Institute, OHSU Portland, Oregon.
Sandra Belalcazar MD
- Head, Glaucoma Department, Fundación Oftalmológica Nacional, Bogotá, Colombia
- President of Grupo Colombiano de Trabajo Sobre Glaucoma - Glaucoma Colombia (2019 - 2021)
- Associate Instructor at Escuela de Ciencias de la Salud - Universidad del Rosario
- Member of PAAO, AAO. the Sociedad Colombiana de Oftalmología and SLAG.